Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Day 19- Begin with end in mind

For the second day in a row, I am having difficulty utilizing the internet with my laptop.  It is frustrating.  My other device is currently updating its operating system so I am once again posting from my phone. Again...awesome.  While this is a hiccup at least there is some access. More on that next week.

Today's lesson tip is to begin with the end in mind.  Think about what you want your students to achieve and then work backwards from there.  A teacher can start with the unit assessment, look at state standards, or even create a project.  But in order to get where you want to go it is important to start with a destination.  If not, how will know you got where you wanted.  Mind blown?  Try typing that. ;)

So once you have your destination start planing the best route to get there.  Sometimes the route can be long and have plenty of interesting stops.  Other times the route needs to be short and to the point.  That is the beauty of planing the lesson.  You get to pick the route depending on your students.

Finally, follow the route to reach your destination.  Then start planning for your next adventure.  I am not sure if this is analogy or allegory, but I hope it is easy to understand. Watch your passengers to see if you need to go faster or slower and once you get there... see if they actually came with you and plan form the next stop or figure out short cut to get back to where you need them.

I will find some proof this week. Enjoy your night. BTW: #wmmschat tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment