Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day 11- Putting a plan together

After spending a great deal of time vacillating over the goals and content of this blog, I have come to the final conclusion: (TRUMPET SOUNDS) this shall be an extension of my current use of my Twitter account which is for teacher, students, and families to continue to grow.

Each week we run a Twitter chat at my school.  This chat #wmmschat has become a great way for us to have discussions about topics that impact our school.  Past chats have included topics ranging from our district's role out of one-to-one devices to just finding out what people did over the summer.  We follow a simple Q&A model and have a decent turn out from our faculty but would love to include more folks.  This week our topic will be about blended learning.

Being new to moderating Twitter chats, I would mostly "shoot from the hip" when it came to questions.  Typically, the topics were ideas and concepts I felt I had a good enough understanding of in order to develop six or seven questions to ask everyone.  If I didn't feel comfortable about a topic, I would go to a similar chat somewhere and then ask permission to use questions from that chat as a catalyst for our chat.  I did this once and immediately felt guilty.  We are now delving into territories that I know but I am not an expert.  So begins my first week of in-depth research to better provide development for teachers.  In an attempt to be as forthright and honest as possible, for this week's questions I will link to the source for that question to provide some background for those who like to read ahead.

#WMMSCHAT

Topic: Blended Learning
(might have a guest moderator)

We will continue to follow the Q&A Format (reminder questions may change order or phrasing slightly)

Take a moment to introduce yourself: who you are, what you do, and rate your current level of comfort with blended learning.

Remember to use #wmmschat in your response.
Q1) In your own words and in 140 or less, define blended learning?
Q2) Blended Learning has several different models to follow, based on what you know which one stands out as one for you to use? Why?
Q3) Is our current model/idea of a classroom outdated? What needs to change?
Q4) What from our current model/idea of teaching must we keep as we move to a blended learning model?
Q5) What outcomes do you hope to see for your students in your school?
Q6) What challenges are you predicting to run into as we move to a blended model? Be solutions oriented.
Q7) What are you most excited for as we make this transition to blended learning?

So that is all for tonight.  Please take some time to do your own research into blended learning and maybe we can continue to ask questions to help us get better.


No comments:

Post a Comment