Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Day 10- One Third of the Challenge Done

In a recent post, I lamented about finding a voice for this blog.  Ironically, the same day I sent an infographic via Twitter about teachers finding a voice for their tweets.  With this idea in mind, I think I am starting to focus the light that has been shed upon my blogging experience.  The focus of this experiment needs to be about those things which I am most passionate about when it comes to education: teaching, leadership, STEM, and professional development.  While the sub title might give a hint, I think that I will need to continue to narrow the beam over the course of the next 30 days.  I mean really, right now, I am just expressing and randomly writing ideas.  Which means I am worried about repeating myself and rambling.  So I shall change subjects...

This past summer I had the chance to go to ISTE14 in Atlanta.  It was quite an experience.  In fact my first two blog post drafts were about ISTE.  I never had the gumption to publish them.  However, while I was there I saw all the great stuff that was going on and how proud everyone was of their work.  It led me to believe that each teacher needs an outlet to share their accomplishments.  In an interesting way, one person I met there, happened to post to her blog today about letting the world see what you do.  Please take time to read that post here.  Maybe someday I will get a chance to interview Ms. Swanson for this blog.

Another person, a teacher, that has a great blog to get information out there is Larry Ferlazzo.  This blog is focused on websites and tech tools but also so much more.  Very interesting work that I find inspiring.  I try to take sometime to read it at least once a week to see what I can learn.

While these are just two examples of work, please keep in mind that for everyone there is probably 10 more.  For every teacher there has to be a niche a person you can follow and get great tips...case in point. 

So find your niche find a person to follow and read at least one blog post beyond this one.  To help you check out this list of the top 100 teaching blogs.

Challenge Your Growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment