Thursday, October 16, 2014

Back in Action

Howdy loyal reader(s)!  I am back in action after a two weeks of not putting up a single post.  While I might not have been successful at posting for 30 days straight, I choose to look at that as a lesson learned instead of a failure.  Creating new content on a daily basis is difficult and there are not too many guides or curricula for blogging.  This was a challenge to get back in touch with my teaching roots.  Since becoming an administrator daily planning has been replaced with more large scale and long term planning for the building and students.  While I still have a daily agenda, the process of creating lessons to explain concepts to students was starting to fade from my memory.  The 30 day challenge was my method of bringing myself back in touch with that.  This sounds so bourgeoisie.  I guess it should.  I was loosing touch with the concepts and work that makes the school tick.  The daily grind so to speak.  However, the absence from the blog was due to refocusing on that exact issue.

During the absence, I spent time analyzing data and working with the administrative team to identify root cause and revise our School Progress Plan.  That took the place of the day to day planning for awhile.  It also revitalized my visions, goals, and plans for the school.  I am very excited to get back in the saddle when it comes to teaching, learning and blogging.

And while I am not one to be overly superstitious, I do believe in signs and this was one that hit me right over the head yesterday.  Thank you to www.techsavvyed.net for helping me refocus and be revitalized.

See you again, very soon.  Enjoy your weekend.


1 comment:

  1. That's awesome, glad my thoughts got you revitalized for some great blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete